How can we make it easier for you to pay land tax?
Please complete this short survey to give us your valuable feedback.
Log in to Land tax online to:
- register for land tax
- advise your foreign person status
- view your property details and land values
- update your property details (land purchased or sold)
- request a new exemption or update a current exemption
- update your contact details
- view or print your current assessment (existing clients only)
- update your BSB and account details
- submit supporting documents, such as a deed or will.
To login you need a Client ID and Correspondence ID.
If you are an existing client, you can find this information on the top right-hand corner of your land tax assessment notice or other land tax correspondence, for example, a letter.
If you are a new client, or have lost your login details, please call us on 1300 139 816 and we will arrange your login details over the phone.
To register for land tax, you need the following information:
- postal address
- contact details
- foreign person status
- land owned
- residential use, if you are a foreign person
- trust details, if the land is held in trust
- related company details, if your company is part of a related group
- exemption requests.
If the details you have submitted are incorrect, contact us on 1300 139 816.
If you own land individually and as part of a company, trust or partnership you will need to register for each different ownership name.
You can view all changes once the reassessment is issued.
Online clearance certificate updates services
By using the online clearance certificate update service, you can:
- print a copy of a clearance certificate
- update and print a copy of your certificate once the land tax payment and/or return details have been processed by OSR.
To log in, you will need your:
- Enquiry ID
- Correspondence ID
Payments made to us through a financial institution, Australia Post or by credit card are generally processed overnight. Please ensure you have allowed sufficient time for the payment to be processed prior to requesting a new version of the clearance certificate.
If your certificate still shows a land tax charge after requesting a new version, contact us.
Terms and conditions
By accessing the clearance certificate update facility, I agree that I will not:
- use the information for any purpose other than its intended use
- knowingly contravene the provisions of any privacy legislation governing the use of information.