In order to provide clients with up-to-date information, and to ensure the consistency and accuracy of online client information, the Office of State Revenue (OSR) has developed the following policy to advise external organisations when, and under what circumstances:
- they may include a link from their website to an OSR website
- they may use the OSR logo on their website or download the logo for use in printed material
- they may use information posted on an OSR website
- they may copy information used on an OSR website.
This policy applies to:
- links to an OSR website from an external website
- the use of the OSR logo on an external website
- the use of information on an OSR website by an external organisation
- copying of information from an OSR website by an external organisation.
The OSR websites include the:
- OSR website (www.osr.nsw.gov.au)
- State Debt Recovery Office (SDRO) website (www.sdro.nsw.gov.au)
- Hardship Review Board (HRB) website (www.hrb.osr.nsw.gov.au)
- and any other site directly controlled by OSR.
Requirements for linking to an OSR website
OSR encourages relevant organisations to create links to information on the OSR website as appropriate, however, you are advised to comply with the following guidelines:
Link to the home page, rather than a specific subpage
As many of the subpages on the OSR site are subject to change, OSR advises that you link directly to the homepage of the relevant OSR website. If you do create a link to a subpage, OSR strongly recommends that you check these links on a regular basis to ensure the page is still in use.
Link to take clients directly to an OSR page
Any links to an OSR page should forward the client directly to OSR's website. OSR pages should not be opened within a frame in your own website, or otherwise present the information as being a part of your site.
Use of the OSR logo
Under no circumstances should an organisation use the OSR logo on their website or download a copy of an OSR logo for use in printed material without permission from OSR.
Use of logo on external websites
The only time when the OSR logo may be used on a non-OSR site is where OSR has a business partnership with another organisation, such as a Client Service Provider (CSP). In this case, the organisation in question must:
- apply to OSR's Manager, Business Communications for permission to use the logo. Requests should be forwarded emailed to Attn: Manager, Business Communications
- meet OSR's corporate identity requirements regarding use of the logo. These will be supplied on request.
- submit a copy of the proposed layout including the OSR logo to the OSR Manager, Business Communications for approval before using the logo on a live site.
Note: OSR reserves the right to request removal of the logo from an external website at any time.
Use of logo in printed material
If you wish to obtain a copy of an OSR logo to use in a report, proposal or other similar document, please contact us to obtain permission and for a high resolution version of the logo.